ADVANCED COMPASSIONATE COMMUNICATION 8-WEEK SERIES
Location: North Seattle
Date and Time:
Let me guess: learning Compassionate Communication has changed your life.
I’m guessing that you feel more grounded, present, and kind toward yourself. That you can get to the bottom of conflicts and arguments faster, and with less blame and judgment. That you have more ease in your professional relationships, and more depth and connection in your personal relationships. That you have more courage to speak your truth, and more resilience to hear others’ truth.
Right on! Go you. Seriously, these are beautiful accomplishments.
That said, I’m guessing you’ve also felt challenged and discouraged along the way. Bringing this new paradigm and language into your life has probably felt pretty lonely at times. You’ve probably felt like you were doing it wrong (almost every day?). Maybe you’ve told yourself that you don’t know enough, or that you’re bad at NVC. Maybe you’ve slipped back into old reactive patterns (darn those things) and felt shame and regret for doing so. You might have fallen out of touch with the tools and concepts you were so keen on practicing at first, despite your best intentions to keep them up. Or perhaps you’ve felt isolated in your search for likeminded community with whom to learn, grow and explore this work.
My friend, you are not alone. I know how discouraging it can be trying to live the concepts of Compassionate Communication in a society that mostly isn’t privy to this paradigm. I know how much perseverance and heart it takes. And I know how much practice it takes for these tools to become second-nature, for them to feel authentic and true and to actually serve the purpose they are intended for: connection, dignity, love.
Embodying and living this work is not always easy, but it can be done—and it is absolutely worth it. It takes a village (or a handful of willing, dedicated people to start), some perseverance, and some practice. Well, lots of practice. And you, dear human, are ready.
Join me for an 8-week deep dive into Advanced Compassionate Communication! Together we will dust off our basic Compassionate Communication tools and get tons of hands-on practice applying these tools to real-life situations. We’ll deepen our self-connection, listening and self-expression skills. We’ll support one another to stretch, grow, and stand tall in our authenticity. I can’t wait to have you.
In this never-before-offered series you will gain:
- Resilience to find inner balance when faced with stressful or uncomfortable situations
- Greater insight about your personal triggers in communication, and opportunities to process and heal them
- Advanced practice in empathic listening—translating others’ judgments, criticism and blame into feelings and needs using everyday language
- Tools for responding skillfully in moments of challenge, misunderstanding or disconnect
- A deeper, more loving relationship to yourself and the full spectrum of your feelings
- Tools to express yourself with vulnerability and courage so you feel heard, understood and respected
- Skills to be genuinely accountable to your actions without shutting down, playing the blame game or falling into a shame spiral
- Concepts that support you to live from a place of courage, empowerment and self-love
We will meet on Wednesday evenings from 7:00-9:00pm on the following dates: April 17, April 24, May 1, May 8, (SKIP May 15), May 22, May 29, June 5 & June 12.
Who is it for?
The tuition is $497.00.
Please send payment via Venmo ( AT DOMAIN Erin-Merrihew), Paypal (paypal.me/erinmerrihew) or check (mail to 6019 Roosevelt Way NE, Seattle WA 98115).