ESSENTIALS OF COMPASSIONATE COMMUNICATION 8-WEEK SERIES
Location: North Seattle
Date and Time:
Relationships are the fabric of our lives. Whether we’re collaborating on a work project, planning an event or cooking dinner with our family, how we show up in our relationships directly influences the quality of our lives. The better we connect, the more meaning and happiness we experience.
We need each other. We know it. Yet all too often, conflicts get in the way of us experiencing what we truly want together. Rather than demonstrating curiosity toward differing perspectives, we blame each other and disconnect. Rather than addressing issues head-on, we tip-toe and sacrifice our authenticity. Rather than truly listening to one another, we armor up, shut down or become reactive.
We’re not doing any of this on purpose—we just lack some of the skills required to communicate well!
How would your life improve if you could stay openhearted through conflict? If you could process difficult feelings without isolating or shaming yourself? If you could meet yourself and others with dignity and compassion instead of judgment and blame?
Resilient relationships require skillful communication. Listening with an open mind, staying connected through challenge, conveying our opinions, ideas and requests in a way that brings us closer together—these are the skills we must practice if we want to live, love, parent and lead well in our world today.
Like any art, skillful communication takes practice! Join this supportive community of learners to explore the art of Compassionate Communication.
In this series you will gain:
- Useful tools to ground yourself and regain balance in stressful or uncomfortable situations
- Insight about your personal triggers in communication, and effective ways to work through them
- Tools for listening with an open heart—receiving others’ judgments, criticism and blame without reacting or taking it personally
- Tools to express yourself in ways that maximize your likelihood of feeling heard, understood and respected
- Practice responding with compassion and authenticity in moments of challenge
- Concepts that support you to live from a place of courage, empowerment and self-love
Who is it for?
What to bring:
|Bring your curiosity, willingness to engage, and the intention to be vulnerable, stretch and grow in community! You might also enjoy having a notebook and pen.|
The tuition is $497.00.
If finances pose a barrier, please contact Erin, e r i n AT DOMAIN erinmerrihew~com